Re: [egit-dev] Bug in Switching?

On 11/13/2012 09:57 AM, Marco Sousa wrote:
> I don't lose changes, it was just the files that i modified.. but I thought that we can't change if any modified exists.
>
> With this someone can upload files in the wrong branch..

Yes, as i said, it's a feature; it's for the case where

1) you do a change
2) you realize you're on the wrong branch
3) you switch the branch
4) you commit on the correct branch

of course this only works as long as there is no conflict.

with git you should always keep in mind your changes and your location in the repo. there are multiple operations which will bring you into troubles otherwise.

HTH, Markus