Re: [egit-dev] preparing 2.0

Robin Rosenberg skrev 2012-05-24 07.55:
Matthias Sohn skrev 2012-05-24 01.12:
2012/5/24 Robin Rosenberg <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>>

    Matthias Sohn skrev 2012-05-23 17.54:

        I created release branch stable-2.0 for JGit and EGit repositories
        and I will create the IP logs this evening (CEST timezone).

        https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/__4899/ <https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/4899/> and friends will most likely make
        it into 2.0 as at least the tests on Mac are fine.

    How about the API-breaking changes relating to GitAPIException?

I think we should get them in for 2.0. As you are the author and a committer
this should be no problem. I think in general these changes are ok, I am
just not sure if we should declare that we throw JGitInternalException
(then we should do that consistently) or not (then we should remove it
from all API methods).

Well, I was not convinced myself, but a lot of API's have them. The alternative
is to remove them from all methods. That would be fine with me.

-- robin

Christian also said he wants to review these changes soon.
--
Matthias

I pushed a change to remove JGitInternalException from the API.

We also have the issue of most every exception below the GitAPI being an IOException.
Some probably still should be, but not all of them.

-- robin

Back to the top