[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [egit-dev] git nature missing for Eclipse projects (starting with Egit 1.3?)
- From: Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 00:21:11 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=5xU3iWjytNoNd2ATIIM6uRu8oNGYSWQraT5mJDrvGF0=; b=LNNSao4yHZVU403cyu/LKjGRH/gn1GZk3/8PC4fRsxHKz8SokdO6XvHY+6LcKzomRW 9Cmpz0KS8GBin59ztpWa9bZ1CeN8dWEJwMMgM7Y74CP4i5w2/35PdB/aSfaH/+OxJPOF iECsiB9auzQeSZHPuWz1Ew3icTZUv6fPTUinFMtRWHqkOySGUc6W9AV0+6RsxD2zww6F YnP3rVJSSbn7SoYO+v7Ipefz17Pf9kcY6DLE2Y80AZ38Ubt6JAtfyTKfk6dtX5LK/v5B SRwj1jP9+Xz1FWNDtSEU40BO0Ssf0WRYSTzvCQ6fgn6rtMN2AFcO2NacZpT3uBHAzo8x 6vMg==
2012/5/8 Ansis Atteka <ansisatteka@xxxxxxxxx>
2012/5/7 Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2012/5/2 Ansis Atteka <ansisatteka@xxxxxxxxx>
It seems that something has changed after Egit 1.1.0. For example, when I do from the Eclipse:
1. "Import->Git->Projects from Git"
2. choose "Local" (This is already cloned GIT repository from the command line with "git")
3. Select the right GIT repository
4. choose "Import as general project"
Then the git nature is missing for this project (with Eclipse 3.7.2 and Egit 1.3.0). Although, exactly the same steps were working just fine with Egit 1.1.0 and Eclipse 3.7.1. I see the same problem on Eclipse Junos (developer release that comes with Egit 1.3).
Is this a regression? Sorry, if this is a known issue or If EGit-Eclipse integration related problems are discussed somewhere else. Also, I would be more than happy to provide any extra information that might be helpful to debug this issue.
This is happening with:
Eclipse 3.7.2 C++ and Linux edition
how do you recognize "the git nature is missing" ?Â
By "the git nature is missing", I meant that I do not have this small repository icon for my GIT project in the Project Explorer. Consequences of this is that, if I right-click on my project then the "Team" section is empty (e.g. quick diff from top of the GIT branch, history browsing and all other GIT features do not work at all).
and this works for me, please try with that versionÂ