Re: [egit-dev] git nature missing for Eclipse projects (starting with Egit 1.3?)

2012/5/8 Ansis Atteka <ansisatteka@xxxxxxxxx>

2012/5/7 Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
2012/5/2 Ansis Atteka <ansisatteka@xxxxxxxxx>
It seems that something has changed after Egit 1.1.0. For example, when I do from the Eclipse:
1. "Import->Git->Projects from Git"
2. choose "Local" (This is already cloned GIT repository from the command line with "git")
3. Select the right GIT repository
4. choose "Import as general project"

Then the git nature is missing for this project (with Eclipse 3.7.2 and Egit 1.3.0). Although, exactly the same steps were working just fine with Egit 1.1.0 and Eclipse 3.7.1. I see the same problem on Eclipse Junos (developer release that comes with Egit 1.3).

Is this a regression? Sorry, if this is a known issue or If EGit-Eclipse integration related problems are discussed somewhere else. Also, I would be more than happy to provide any extra information that might be helpful to debug this issue.

This is happening with:
Ubuntu 12.04
Eclipse 3.7.2 C++ and Linux edition

how do you recognize "the git nature is missing" ?

By "the git nature is missing", I meant that I do not have this small repository icon for my GIT project in the Project Explorer. Consequences of this is that, if I right-click on my project then the "Team" section is empty (e.g. quick diff from top of the GIT branch, history browsing and all other GIT features do not work at all).

I tried with todays nightly build version (2.0.0-SNAPSHOT) from http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates-nightly
and this works for me, please try with that version

--
Matthias

Back to the top