[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[egit-dev] IMPORTANT update of contribution rules for changes contributed via Gerrit
- From: Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 00:33:51 +0200
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=KST3Gf7NkTQ2GdfH1gNu+xQ3aqd1qszGPfsg+BQc4qs=; b=ga7As6Miq2SRJNc1OTY2tMJ5qNwKEU7n0HYoV+g7izRB/asaykEDtitIXnUT9XKEjh tq1xlq8O8GvNabENFSVZf46OpcP55YNeMqiHEDBKwNgOeFGjAftEJ5+ve7CvO6L+DnbD NY/Oba1mNcgE2Zwq1KpGRoZXVjJXw3pq1qWlQ7DM2qKQtISsdyZGp4GnqoOgeXGzLJ19 8cGUkHRuZu3f/W14gC9ZixdH4vRIBpd0jrSWjQ/eY4UxeErH5KjWZi81Xiqo5j9yO0uv mjbStyoReALDGoB7TjfYmGYhN+YkHmntNAH6y96KnaOhnug7uVGm5CnYCo/Apj9gBFEg 36KQ==
Wayne published detailed rules how contributions from non-committers
are to be handled when received via Gerrit .Â
The difference to theÂprocess we used so far is in section 4:
4. Contributor asserts on the corresponding bug or in a comment on the Gerrit pushÂ
record that they:
- authored 100% the content they are contributing
- have the rights to donate the content to EPL
- contribute the content under the EPL
Up to now we only did that on changes over 250 LOCs which
need a CQ to get IP approval from the legal team. Effective
immediately we now have to also record these assertions for
smaller contributions coming from non-committers. The same
assertions are needed if a contribution comes via a patch
attached to a Bugzilla bug.
There is a proposal to further simplify this process following a similar
approach as the one used by the linux kernel project using Signed-off-by
tags , but this is still under discussion with the legal team.
Please ensure that you follow the guidelines given in  starting from now on.
I updated the contributor guide accordingly .