Re: [egit-dev] Gson version restriction in egit.github

2012/4/19 Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
I was trying to use the Gson 2.1.0 that was published to the latest stable Orbit 20120308061416. Unfortunately, I ran into a conflict with the org.eclipse.egit.github.core bundle which has package imports with the version range "[1.6.0,2.0.0)".

I tested and changed this restriction to "[1.6.0,2.2.0)" and found that everything still compiles and runs. Is there any particular reason for the restriction or could it be relaxed to allow the 2.1.x versions?

I think there is no particular reason, by default we assume semantic versioning
hence we set the upper version boundary to the next major release.
As long as higher versions are still compatible there shouldn't be an issue
to relax the upper version boundary.

Could you push your change to Gerrit ?

--
Matthias