Re: [egit-dev] urgent help needed :(

Found it!!

The Problem is, that (seemingly) the update site building from within eclipse starts "something" (i don't know who is the boo-man), that takes into account the LANG setting in the environment (which was "C", since (obviously) a recent system update changed that). Previously it was en_US.utf8. setting it back to this value /before starting eclipse/ helps. building a fresh update site from there produces plugins that always work (hopefully ;)).

phew - this took a few hours now :/

Thanks all for helping!
Markus