Re: [egit-dev] [git-tutorial] What Version of Eclipse & Git for EclipseCon Tutorial on March 26

2012/3/22 Chris Aniszczyk <caniszczyk@xxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Suhaas Valanjoo <suhaasv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I will be attending your tutorial on 26 March at EclipseCon. I would like to
> know what version of Eclipse should I install on my machine?
>
> Also if Git is required to be installed what version of Git should be
> installed on my machine?
>
> Please note I have windows laptop and I hope this is ok.

We'll have some USB keys with a setup installed already. However,
Eclipse 3.7.2 SDK packages with the following additional features
installed would be ideal:

JGit 2.0 latest nightly
all EGit features 2.0 latest nightly
GitHub connector 2.0 latest nightly
Gerrit connector 0.9 latest weekly
Mylyn builds 0.9 latest weekly

You may download a pre-installed package from here
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Training

Let me know if there are any problems, we tested
the packages for win32, win64, linux32, mac64
Those for linux64 and mac32 still need to be tested.

If you also want native git install it following the link
for your platform hereĀ http://git-scm.com/
On Linux use the package manager of your
choice and install package git-core.

--
Matthias

Back to the top