Re: [egit-dev] staging view and indexing quirks

On 03/09/2012 09:25 AM, Matthias Sohn wrote:
> yes, it looks like there is a problem when deleting branches.
> Yesterday my workbench stopped working after deleting a couple
> of branches (multi-selected) and I noticed by chance that the
> workbench ran more than 1400 threads ...

oh, wow - not so good. i also noticed (since i wrote my own little integration with jgit), that jgit sometimes (when rebasing for example) fires multiple refsChanged events where there would be only one required for the UI to catch up (when rebasing is done; from a jgit POV the behaviour is correct; just EGit would require less events to get the UI right). maybe it's the same thing when deleting branches (refs do change there, right?). possibly just some guards missing in egit?

Regards,
Markus