Re: [egit-dev] [Announce] JGit / EGit Release 1.3

Stephen Bannasch skrev 2012-02-22 03.08:
At 11:47 AM +0100 2/17/12, Matthias Sohn wrote:
The JGit and EGit project teams are proud to announce their release 1.3.

Release Review Document
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?id=210686

Great work!

I looked at the items listed as planned for v2.0 in the Release Review Document and was wondering about whether there are any plans/interest in implementing  bisect and cherry-pick?

We've had cherry-pick in Egit since October 2010. It's in the context menu in the
history view.

Besides git-svn (which I use a bunch but wish I didn't have to) bisect and cherry-pick are two features in command line gitthatI regularly use and find quite valuable.

Personally I'm not sure git-svn and similar tools like cvsimport/export,p4, hg etc belongs in EGit itself.
You can probably easily hook the into the external tools menu. There are a number of git-related variables
you can use in the launcher.

Bisect is another story. Having it in EGit would be enormously useful.

-- robin

Back to the top