[egit-dev] MissingObjectException, why does that happen?

Hi,

I'm trying to find the diff between and old commit and the current HEAD. My method works well but sometimes I get a MissingObjectException when I resolve the old tree:

org.eclipse.jgit.errors.MissingObjectException: Missing unknown
31631c381870df87e496fc9ae5bdd624c2931621
    at org.eclipse.jgit.storage.file.WindowCursor.open(WindowCursor.java:125)
    at org.eclipse.jgit.lib.ObjectReader.open(ObjectReader.java:228)
    at org.eclipse.jgit.revwalk.RevWalk.parseAny(RevWalk.java:811)
    at org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Repository.parseSimple(Repository.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Repository.resolve(Repository.java:389)
    at org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Repository.resolve(Repository.java:376)

The object I try to resolve is assembled as:

  fullCommitID + "^{tree}"

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any hints on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top