Re: [egit-dev] rebase always fails

Hi,

>>     how can i find out more about why a rebase fails in the UI? i have a branch which i reproducibly can't rebase on origin/master. it starts working, tells me that it rewinds HEAD, starts applying and the just "Aborting rebase ..." and after that only a "Rebase failed" message with no further information. doing the rebase on the command line works.

I would start putting a breakpoint in RebaseCommand.call(). There is a
loop which processes all the different steps for a Rebase. In your
case you demo in the screencase there will be only one step .. the
cherry-pick of commit ee95ac. This cherry-pick has to fail to cause
the abort of RebaseCommand. Maybe the rebase wants to update a certain
file but don't get rights to touch it.

Ciao
  Chris

Back to the top