[egit-dev] JGit/EGit merging

Hey!

In reference to bug 359951 (merging of rename/modify) i wanted to ask whether there is clear weather ahead...?

I think not having a recursive merge is a really bad thing, as the no.1 killer feature of git doesn't work. I read somewhere (lost the exact URL; the comment was by a jgit committer i think) that implementing a recursive merge now that jgit has rename following, should be "fairly trivial". does fairly trivial mean i can expect this soon?

Again, i think this would be really important. Otherwise i get to the command line even with the smallest toy repositories. not to talk about our >600 plugins workspace with thousands of things that are regularly renamed.

Regards, and thanks,
Markus

Back to the top