[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[egit-dev] JGit/EGit merging
- From: Markus Duft <markus.duft@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:34:03 +0100
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Organization: Salomon Automation GmbH
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:8.0) Gecko/20111216 Thunderbird/8.0
In reference to bug 359951 (merging of rename/modify) i wanted to ask whether there is clear weather ahead...?
I think not having a recursive merge is a really bad thing, as the no.1 killer feature of git doesn't work. I read somewhere (lost the exact URL; the comment was by a jgit committer i think) that implementing a recursive merge now that jgit has rename following, should be "fairly trivial". does fairly trivial mean i can expect this soon?
Again, i think this would be really important. Otherwise i get to the command line even with the smallest toy repositories. not to talk about our >600 plugins workspace with thousands of things that are regularly renamed.
Regards, and thanks,