[egit-dev] Missing refs/notes/review in new repository on Gerrit causes fetch to fail

Hi,

I'm currently working on a better integration of Gerrit with Egit.
When cloning a Git repository from Gerrit we'd like to add a fetch
spec for the review notes. However, for new repositories
refs/notes/review doesn't exist yet, which causes a fetch to fail. We
could ignore this error in EGit, but the command line Git shows the
same behavior if there's such a fetch spec.

What could we do to work around the issue?

1. Egit could add a boolean entry into the [gerrit] section of the
local repository configuration. If it's there and true we could fetch
the review notes

2. If Gerrit makes sure that refs/notes/review always exists, no
special handling will be required on the client side. Would that be
feasible?

Regards,
Sascha

Back to the top