Re: [egit-dev] [RFC] : Eclipse Versions supported by EGit

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Sohn, Matthias <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> EGit committers: please review what I wrote here:
> http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/FAQ#What_versions_of_Eclipse_does_EGit_target.
> 3F

Matthias, I think your addition is incorrect as we released 1.0.0 with Indigo 3.7.0 (June 2011) and not with Helios 3.6.0 (from June 2010). Or perhaps I'm misinterpreting the meaning of the "released for" column?

> AFAIK we agreed on the following policy:
> "In general EGit promises to support at least the latest
> two Eclipse releases (currently this is 3.6.2 "Helios SR2"
> and 3.7.1 "Indigo SR1").

Yes, I also recall this as being the policy that was agreed on. My problem is that I seem to reinterpret the "latest two" as the "last two", so I'll think of it as being two older releases from before _and_ the current one (three total) instead of just _one_ before and the current one(two total). Perhaps no one else has that problem. :)

Regards,
Remy

Remy Suen
Eclipse Platform/UI Committer