Re: [egit-dev] getRefDatabase

So you want me to refactor anything else for that bug or those two methods are fine?Should i follow the Contributor Guide to commit a patch?What is the process?
On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 15:46 -0700, Shawn Pearce wrote:
On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 15:35, Stefanos Antaris <santaris@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have inserted those two methods on the Repository.java class.
> [code]
> /**
> * @return mutable map of all heads; key is short head name and value of the
> *         entry contains the ref with the full head name
> */
> public Map<String, Ref> getHeads() {
> try {
> return getRefDatabase().getRefs(Constants.R_HEADS);
> } catch (IOException e) {
> return new HashMap<String, Ref>();

Since these are new methods, we shouldn't hide the IOException.
Instead throw it to the caller for them to handle.

> How can i retrieve the Locals Refs?

All references are local. But I think the reporter wanted the local
branches, which is what getHeads() returns.

Back to the top