[egit-dev] Fwd: Re: No visual feedback on chosen tag

Oops, Forgot to send to the list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [egit-dev] No visual feedback on chosen tag
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:25:05 +0100
From: Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>
To: Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx>

On 2011-02-15 13:30, Alex Blewitt wrote:
> On 15 Feb 2011, at 10:45, Thomas Hallgren<thomas@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
>
>> "No visual feedback that indicates that what I have isn't the head"
> What head? By definition you are at HEAD, since HEAD is what your current repo is aligned with. You told egit to move master to a new commit, which it did.
>
> Your project now differs from origin/master, and from what master was just now, but there is no universal concept of what "master used to be just now before I changed it".*
>
> Alex
>
> *except for git reflog of course
Yes, that's true. My confusion stems from working with CVS/SVN, ClearCase and the like where the normal case is that you
look at the last commit on any given branch and call that the branch head. I guess the notion of "last commit" is less
pertinent in Git although that was what I really meant when I said "head" in the above sentence.

Anyway, sorry for the buzz. I obviously have more to learn :-)

- thomas

Back to the top