Re: [egit-dev] Against what version we should compare locally changed file?

On 12/01/2010 02:05 AM, Christian Halstrick wrote:
> Just for clarification: are you talking about a file which is included
> in the last commit (HEAD) but for which no further modifications have
> been staged up to know? If this is true then what would be the
> difference. HEAD and index have the same content for that file, right?

Yes, both versions have equal content, but in compare view we should named
from with given version come from. In this case we can named left hand side
editor as a "staged version" or obtain latest commit author and SHA-1.
This is the case (what should be in this label).

Best
Dariusz
--
Best regards