Re: [egit-dev] Installing EGit on windows - issues and what I have done so far

On 25 Sep 2010 at 12:47, Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It sounds like EGit didn't install properly. Can you check if the
...\eclipse\plugins folder
> contains org.eclipse.egit and org.eclipse.jgit jar files,

No

> and whether there are similarly named directories in ..\eclipse\features ?

No

On 25 Sep 2010, at 11:23, Remy Chi Jian Suen <remy.suen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Either a) put it elsewhere (I just throw it in D:\) or b) run
> Eclipse as administrator.

In the long run a fix is better. While I was looking for a solution in the
community forum, it appeared that there has been an issue with windows
installations for some time.
Random thought: there's possibly an un-escaped file path somewhere in the
EGit and/or JGit installation mechanism. The default location to install
programs on windows is under the "C:\Program Files" hierarchy.

Regards,
Charles

Back to the top