Re: [egit-dev] Ability of comparing two remote branches

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 12:22 AM, Dariusz Luksza
<dariusz.luksza@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2. put some effort and implement git specific implementation of
> SyncInfo class that will be looking for any diff's between two
> selected branches, and then will be calculating particular change
> kind. IMHO this implementation shouldn't be a rocket science and it
> should also solve this problem in regular synchronization.

Here[1] is implementation of this idea.

I'm not quite sure of calculating change direction. Right now it is
based on flag on first commit in RevWalk. For now it looks that this
approach work well, but it is possible that there are some scenarios
when it fails.

Also I don't have any idea how to with of changes are in conflict. Now
when we have merge support we should also display commits (and
changes) that do not merge clearly. Any suggestions how achieve this?

[1] http://egit.eclipse.org/r/1512
--
Best regards

GSM: +48 695 192 160