[egit-dev] Getting the synchronize view to show incoming changes

Hi List,

I've been trying the latest (nightly) egit/jigt bits the last couple days without much success.

I'm trying to use synchronize to review and potentially pull changes from a remote.  As it happens the remote branch is a plain old fast-forward of my current master, and there are no local changes and no staged changes; a git merge would result in a fast-forward.

When I do team > Synchronize:
source: remote_name / branch
destination: <local.git> / HEAD
The synchronize takes some time and the view reports: "There are no more Incoming/Outgoing changes for Git Change Set."

Am I doing something wrong; is this expected to work?  I've also looked in the History view, Compare with, etc. and can't figure out how to compare the current state of the tree with a remote branch.

Cheers,
James

Back to the top