Re: [egit-dev] SSH url

On 24 Jun 2010, at 21:49, Matthias Sohn <matthias.sohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2010/6/24 Robin Rosenberg <robin.rosenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
torsdagen den 24 juni 2010 13.47.46 skrev  Matthias Sohn:
> > Ok, in that case, can we teach EGit that "ssh" is the canonical form, and
> > treat the others as aliases? If so, I'll raise a bug and submit a patch.
>
> yes, I think that would make sense

Please, make the drop down menu show something like "ssh (git+ssh)" so lessen
the confusion for those that are accustomed to cogito (and old EGit) syntax,

Maybe we could alternatively use ssh in the drop down and add tooltips
which would read "git over ssh" for this protocol ?

--
Matthias

I like the tooltip better. After all, even the Git page doesn't talk about git+ssh.

Back to the top