Re: [egit-dev] Are additional Gerrit IP Review status possible?

Gunnar Wagenknecht <gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> what's the best way to get more IP review states into Gerrit?

The site administrator inserts them into a code table in the
database.  Review states are global to a server installation
and apply to all changes processed on that server.

> I assume
> that they are too specific for Eclipse. Thus, they should likely not go
> into the standard Gerrit.

Sure, and so is the current "IP Log" state we have.  Its not in the
standard Gerrit.  I just customized the code table when I installed
the server.

> I'm currently thinking of some flags/labels to indicate the following
> states.
>
> * A patch needs a CQ / no CQ necessary
> * CQ filed (with CQ number and link)
> * CQ approved / rejected

The problem with this is... these flags have to be supplied in
order to submit a change.  So if we add the last one, every change
would have "CQ approved" on it, even if it was written by a project
committer and doesn't require a CQ.  I feel that is too misleading
to be useful.

Really, Gerrit needs to be taught how to have more conditional flags.
Then we can do what you want.  Its in our list of things we want
Gerrit to do.  Its just a matter of writing the code.

:-(

--
Shawn.

Back to the top