Re: [egit-dev] non javadoc comments

Am 19.02.2010 09:40, schrieb Wim Jongman:
> I got a remark because, amongst other things, I removed non javadaoc
> comments. I removed them because they were not used consistently in the
> class (and because I don't like them). What is the preferred way of
> dealing with these comments?

As with pretty much all of the styling questions it really boils down to
personal preferences. I wish that at some point IDEs would be smart
enough to format them differently for reading/editing (according to my
personal preferences) then they are saved on disc. ;)

With Java 6 available I prefer just the @Override annotation. However,
this only works with Java6 and EGit/JGit targets lower JREs. Java5
supports @Override only for overriding class methods but not for
implementing interface methods.

I used to go with option B before that (non JavaDoc comments) to have an
indication that this method implements something. Sure, the IDEs have
other visual indications these days but if you view code via a web UI or
in a text editor you don't have them.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht