[egit-dev] EGit Documentation and User Guide

Hey guys, in the next coming days I plan on finishing up the first cut
of the EGit documentation (still needs some love).
     http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,276

The documentation will be sourced from the wiki
     http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide

And turned into Eclipse help via a build script and the help of Mylyn Wikitext.

Are people comfortable with this approach? I believe it lowers the
barrier of documentation contribution quite a bit. Changes would be
pulled manually whenever we wanted too. This approach has worked well
for the Mylyn project which sources its documentation from the wiki:
    http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Mylyn_User_Guide

I like this approach very much and just wanted to get feedback from
people before I start locking things down.

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top