Re: [egit-dev] Calling Tycho / Maven Ninjas

2010/1/19 Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Igor Fedorenko <ifedorenko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think I fixed it, at least the build works on my linux desktop. See
> attached pom-cleanup.diff. I basically moved all tycho configuration to
> the parent pom to make sure it is consistently applied to all modules.
> Most likely one of the modules missed a dependency.

Thanks! I was able to use your patch to get things off the ground. I
had to fix the EGit feature also to not bundle the JGit feature.

I attached a new patch for people to try:
    http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,224

> I can provide more detailed explanation, if anyone is interested in what
> is actually going on under the hood.

I would be interested :)

I think the basic problem here was that org.codehaus.tycho was the wrong groupID for target-platform-configuration.
This was inspired by outdated documentation at https://docs.sonatype.org/display/TYCHO/Dependency+on+pom-first+artifacts

I found a way to build a combined update site containing both the JGit and the EGit feature.
See patch set 7 at http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,206

The only open question is how to achieve a proper version for the bundle org.eclipse.jgit, currently the maven
build puts org.eclipse.jgit_0.6.0.qualifier.jar instead we would want to replace .qualifier by the build time stamp
as this is done for the EGit bundles built by Tycho.

--
Matthias

Back to the top