Re: [egit-dev] http server for tests?

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 7:41 PM, Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> For the smart HTTP series I need to put together some protocol tests.
>
> Is it insane to require Jetty in our test suite?  Do other projects
> use a smaller container?  I'm inclined to just link to Jetty since
> its an Eclipse project and its only our unit test suite.

I think having Jetty would be useful; but you could make it an
optional package dependency for the tests (so they still work if Jetty
isn't present) and then have a separate suite for the ones involving
HTTP access which don't run if there's no Jetty available. The server,
of course, would have it installed and run during build time ...

But yes, I'd +1 Jetty, both for client and server parts.

Alex

Back to the top