[egit-dev] pu branch for egit

Hi,

What I'm missing here is a pu branch. I'm not sure how to do it in practice.

Some maintainers have a big list of branches and pull them all into a putative
branch  from which a build can be done and tested. Before gerrit I
occasionally did that with patches that looked worthwhile. With stuff for the
eclipse part of the plugin  we need actual testing in addition to code review.

How do we do this rationally?

I can do  a git ls-remote git://egit.eclipse.org/egit/parallelip-egit and get
a lot of branches, but what does that list really contain, and it does not
make sense to pull everything.

No, because all patch sets are listed and we only want one
No, because some patches we see are based on different baselines, like master
or cq-diff.

Could we automate this partially, say by adding BuildServer as a reviewer? How
would I get the list of things for BuildServer to test?

(yeah, I'm thinking aloud here....)

Another thing is that we must become better at writing unit tests, even for
those things that are hard. In particular for those things.

-- robin

Back to the top