RE: [egit-dev] JGit feature branding plugin

A typical approach to this is to make a single branding plug-in and have all
the features that need branding point to that.  If I recall this degrades
gracefully even if the branding plug-in is not present, and the branding is
simply lacking.  I'm not sure if JGit needs a branding plug-in if it is not
making contributions to the Eclipse UI.  Fyi, the way we do it with Mylyn is
to have a plug-in whose main function is being the branding plug-in (it's
"org.eclipse.mylyn") since we support a large number of configurations with
various plug-ins and features installed.

Mik

--
Dr. Mik Kersten
CEO: http://tasktop.com