Re: [egit-dev] Gerrit -> SVN Synchronization

> On 15 Oct 2009, at 00:57, Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> How does the commits approved from Gerrit get pushed into SVN? And
>> when?

Right now, they don't.

I wanted to setup a batch job to convert commits on the master
branch into SVN commits, but haven't had the time to do it.

Since SVN doesn't have proper merge tracking we'd probably just use
--first-log and squash the merge commits from the side branch into
a single SVN commit... with a really big commit message listing
all of the Git commits which contributed to it.

>> Also, do all commits in SVN get attribute to Shawn :)?

I hope not.  I doubt our SVN repository will let me set the author
of a revision, that seems very counter to the IP process at Eclipse,
but if we can talk webmaster into allowing it, then I can set the SVN
authorship according to an email -> SVN user mapping.  Fortunately
that map is small, its only the committers on the project.

If we can't set the author then yes, all the commits will wind up
attributed to me, but we'd put a "From A. U. Thor <author@xxxxxxx>"
at the top of each commit message to correctly identify where the
change came from.  It'd be no different than a non-committer who
contributed a patch to the project and needed to have a committer
apply it for them.

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Gerrit pushes into the git repository, like any other git client would.
> It's independent from the -> SVN piece.

Actually, under the hood Gerrit is operating directly on the git
repository, it doesn't have to push.  :-)

--
Shawn.

Back to the top