[egit-dev] Getting Gerrit to send the mail on my behalf

Hi,

I have a question about 'Sending patches by mail' section [1]:

 Once a change has been submitted to Gerrit, you can then mail the
 developer mailing list with a request to review your change via URL
 or get Gerrit to send the mail on your behalf.

I'm interested in how to get Gerrit to send e-mail on my behalf at least
when submitting an initial patchset. If I'm not mistaken this refers to
'Create Changes' [2] and may be achieved using

 --receive-pack='git receive-pack --cc=egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'

with 'git push' command.

So there are two questions:
- I don't think that using '--cc=egit-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx' in git config by
  default all the time is a good idea. Is it possible to configure
  sending the mail automagically in git config for initial changeset
  only but not for its successive updates?
- Should this be explained in more details in [1]? For those who are not
  a git expert like me an original statement looks a little cryptic.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide#Sending_patches_by_mail
[2]  http://gerrit.googlecode.com/svn/documentation/2.0/user-upload.html#push_create

--