Re: [egit-dev] Git# based on JGit

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One of the benefits they cite is the friendly license of JGit in
> comparison to the GPL. Be interesting to see how it goes ...
>
> http://www.infoq.com/news/2009/10/Git-Sharp

Yea, I've been watching that project a bit.  They already found
and reported what may be a bug in one of our test caess, the test
fails on Windows under both Java and C#.  :-)

I'm glad to see they finished porting the current code.  Its not
easy to port the volume of code we have.  But I think they also have
a few more hands hacking than we do, and they have the luxury of
starting from a friendly license (EDL), and being able to directly
line-for-line copy the code.

Robin and I always thought the way to get Git on C# was to use
a Java -> CLR compiler.  But these guys decided to just port the
code instead.  Yay for them.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top