Re: [egit-dev] Using EGit to Push to Gerrit

Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
Marek Zawirski <marek.zawirski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I may try it on my own, but is there some gerrit test environment where I could try submitting some dummy patch, or should I try to put some garbage on egit's gerrit (in case it works for me)?

No, and setting up your own gerrit test environment is not for the
feint of heart.  Just post to egit.eclipse.org, apparently right
now it doesn't work, so nothing to worry about...  :-)

In the mean while... hotfix for gerrit's documentation [1] and Egit Contributor GUide [2]:

It should be:
   scp -p -P 29418 username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hooks/commit-msg .git/hooks/
instead of:
   scp -p -P 29418 username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hooks/commit-msg .git/hooks

Didn't gerrit whinge for lacking change-id?

Ouch... push worked for me - I just submitted a dummy patch to gerrit through egit, even without change-id - see here: http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,54

[1] http://gerrit.googlecode.com/svn/documentation/2.0/cmd-hook-commit-msg.html [2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/Contributor_Guide

Back to the top