Re: [egit-dev] Using EGit to Push to Gerrit

Marek Zawirski <marek.zawirski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyway, logging is obviously a good idea, but is there some
> logging mechanism at jgit's level already?

No.  We have been avoiding logging in JGit because we wanted to
keep our dependencies light and we also hate java.util.logging.
I'd rather log bits by carrier pigeon to my coffee cup than fight
with java.util.logging.

That said, s**t breaks and logging is always useful.  But we've
(in general) thus far gotten by with exceptions and stack traces.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top