[egit-dev] Confusion over IP Review flag in Gerrit

Robin appeared a bit confused over the IP Review flag, so I added
a section to our Contributor Guide describing the categories:

----8<----
To approve a change:

* Click on Publish Comments
* Vote with the radio buttons

Code Review: The code review category indicates your opinion on
the quality of the code, and how well it fits within the purpose
of the existing surrounding code. A +2 vote from any committer is
required before submission can occur. A -2 vote from any committer
will block submission.

IP Review: The IP review category indicates whether or not the change
has been properly logged under the eclipse IP process. Under that
process, any committer should mark his/her change +1 if they were
the sole author of the change. For any other change, a committer
should only mark +1 after ensuring the corresponding bug in Bugzilla
has been updated with the iplog flag, or the corresponding CQ has
been marked checkintocvs. A +1 vote is required to submit a change,
while a -1 vote will block submission.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top