Re: [egit-dev] CQs and committing to master

Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems the CQ is causing a backlogette at the moment. How does gerrit
> handle branching; could we have a branch for items needing a CQ and then
> let other items overtake later and get the CQ stuff merged back in?

Yes, I was starting to think about making a pair of branches, one
for each pending CQ, and start tossing stuff into those branches,
because otherwise the backlog is too much.

At least with Git this is somewhat easy, we can always rebuild
a branch if there was a problem that needs to be fixed.  Once we
get 'checkintocvs' marked on the CQ we can merge the branch down
to master.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top