[edt-dev] 0.8.1 Build is Complete / Transition from CVS to Git

EDT team,

We finished testing EDT 0.8.1.  Yaaaaaay!  We're waiting for the final approval from Eclipse before we announce it to the world.

You can commit changes to CVS again.  The contents of 0.8.1 have been tagged with "EDT081GM".  Commits will be allowed until the migration to Git starts.

I'm waiting for Eclipse to tell me exactly when the migration will take place.  I proposed that we do it tomorrow morning (U.S. time).  I'll let you know once the decision is made.

In my previous message to edt-dev (http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/edt-dev/msg00360.html) I listed projects in our CVS repository that I don't think we use anymore.  They won't be migrated to Git.  If you haven't already done so, please look at my list and let me know if you see any projects that we do need to keep.

Also, please tell me if any code in a CVS branch should be migrated to Git.  Currently I know of only one branch to migrate: edtExtensibleCore, which contains the plugins org.eclipse.edt.compiler, org.eclipse.edt.mof, and org.eclipse.edt.mof.egl.  (Tell me the name of the branch and which plugins it includes.)

  -Matt

Matt Heitz
Developer, Eclipse EGL Development Tools and IBM Rational Business Developer
http://www.eclipse.org/edt/
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/products/rbde/

Back to the top