[edt-dev] EDT Lockdown - Stage 3 Now In Effect

Starting immediately, EDT 0.7.0 is in strict lockdown mode, to minimize our chances of causing a regression

    • All fixes in all components must be approved by Brian before committing any code.
    • Only the following types of fixes will be considered:
      • Regressions caused by another fix
      • High impact problems that users are likely to see, especially if they show in the samples
    • Fixes must be well tested, high confidence
If you have a proposed fix,, attach the code as a patch in Bugzilla, and notify Brian that the fix is ready. In the defect, add comments about the safety of the fix, how you have tested it, and the user impact if we don't fix it now.

These rules will be in effect through Monday night in China (11/28), Sunday night in the US (11/27). Because of the Thanksgiving holiday in the US, you should not expect a quick response from Brian. He will be checking Bugzilla periodically on Wednesday through Sunday. On Monday morning he will take a last look at any pending fixes, and if necessary we will run one more build. We expect that to be our golden build.

Lisa Lasher
EGL Project Manager
(919) 254-0057 (tieline 8-444-0057)

Back to the top