Re: [edt-dev] IP Log Notifications - Process for marking patches in Bugzilla

Hi, Lisa

Seem that I have no right to set the iplog, can any one help?

Regards,
Forest, Zhen Zhong Huo (霍振中),
RBD Development
IBM China Development Laboratory (CDL)
Ring, ZGC SW Park, #8 Dongbeiwang Rd W, Shangdi, Beijing, 100193, China
Tel:86-10-82454569, Fax:86-10-82451179, TL:54569

Inactive hide details for Lisa Lasher ---2011-11-01 10:27:17---EDT team,Lisa Lasher ---2011-11-01 10:27:17---EDT team,

Lisa Lasher <lasher@xxxxxxxxxx>

edt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

2011-11-01 10:27

[edt-dev] IP Log Notifications - Process for marking patches in Bugzilla

EDT team,
You might have received some bugzilla notifications regarding the IPLog flag. You can ignore them. However, please read on, because there is a process that we have not been following up until now.

As part of the Eclipse release process, we have to create an IP (Intellectual Property) Log for EDT. This is equivalent to the Certificate of Originality process for IBM products - it includes the names of everyone who has contributed code to the project, and a list of our 3rd party code.

The good news is that Eclipse has a tool that crawls through CVS and Bugzilla, to build the list of who has contributed what. The bad news is that we have not been setting the flags in bugzilla that enable this tool to figure out the non-committers who have contributed patches in bugzilla. I have just finished going through all of the patches to set these flags.

Going forward,
here is what you need to know:
        • All code patches that are attached in bugzilla need to be marked as a Patch
        • If you are a Contributor (not a committer), then also mark the IPLog flag on the attachment (set it to +)

Lisa Lasher
EGL Project Manager
(919) 254-0057 (tieline 8-444-0057)