[edt-dev] Sun JRE deadlock fixed

In a previous note I mentioned a bug in the Sun JRE that caused deadlock and required special VM arguments to get around this. A fix has been committed to work around this, and you shouldn't need the VM arguments anymore when using a Sun JRE for the IDE. Let me know if you hit any problems with the change.

Also, for any tools that use the compiler inside Eclipse (but are not using the EDT IDE), the system parts are no longer loaded when the MofEglPlugin is activated. This is what was causing the deadlock. From now on you must explicitly invoke MofEglPlugin.initializeSystemPackages() to load the system parts. If they have already been loaded, this method is a no-op.

-Justin

Back to the top