Re: [eclipselink-users] WHERE a.bref IS NULL or a.bref.x. = v as an OUTER JOIN

Il 18/04/2017 17:09, Markus Karg ha scritto:
SELECT a.id FROM A a WHERE a.bref IS NULL or a.bref.x = v

The problem is that this produces an INNER JOIN between A and B.

We could workaround that by explicitly writing FROM A a LEFT OUTER JOIN a.bref b, but actually we wonder whether there is a different way to tell EclipseLink that the “dot” between bref.x does NOT automatically imply an INNER joint. For example, we could imagine that some annotation at a.bref might solve this?

This is by JPA specification and AFAIK there's no way to change this, unless you use an explicit LEFT OUTER JOIN.

Mauro

Back to the top