[eclipselink-users] Modifying persistence unit at runtime, after initialization / during a session?

   Hi all...

     Could someone point me in the right direction, or let me know if this is possible?   I'd like to add new classes (annotated, byte-weaved/annotations - not dynamic types through JpaDynamicTypeBuilder!) to a persistence unit as it is running in production.  I'm implementing my own container / PersistenceUnitInfo and related plumbing inc. ClassLoaders, class transformers, etc, etc already, so going through some of those hoops is not a problem.

    It's my understanding that JPA itself doesn't support this as of now, but several JPA providers have extensions or extra functionality that allows it.  Hibernate in particular has a few interfaces specifically related to this, but I don't like the way they function at all (that's putting it mildly - they're probably more like "outrightly broken").   Does EL have something like this?

   Thanks,
    -David

Back to the top