Re: [eclipselink-users] Use maven to publish artifacts to local m2 repo

On 1/27/15 12:21 AM, Rick Curtis wrote:
All -

I'm looking for a way to build use the output from a normal build to publish the EclispeLink bundles to my local .m2 repo. I know it is possible because they somehow end up on sonatype, but not certain if I'm looking in the right direction.

I looked at running install against buildsystem\org.eclipse.persistence.parent\pom.xml, but I'm getting some odd dependency problem[1]. I found some related-ish posts, but no concrete solutions.

Does anyone have any ideas where to start?

I managed to get some parts of EL into local .m2 repo somehow in the past but don't remember exact steps :-(
If you want it just for some testing purposes, my suggestion would be to directly edit o.e.p.parent to include all necessary dependencies within 'modules' section, such as the one your build is complaining about - org.eclipse.persistence.asm, org.eclipse.persistence.antlr (those projects are under the $ROOT/plugins folder, you will also have to create some 'temporary' pom files there).

If you are looking for cleaner solution, then creating some script which one can run after the full build and which calls sth like 'mvn install-file -Dfile=some.jar -Dsources=src.jar -DpomFile=...' may be better. Wrt pom.xml handling - I'd start by looking at 'prepare-pom' target in uploadTo{Maven,Nexus}.xml scripts

HTH,
--lukas

[1]
[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.: [Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.persistence.core 2.6.0.qu
ifier to bundle org.eclipse.persistence.asm 5.0.1.; No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.] -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.InternalErrorException: Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.: [Unable to satisfy dependency from org.
lipse.persistence.core 2.6.0.qualifier to bundle org.eclipse.persistence.asm 5.0.1.; No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.]
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:168)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:88)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:55)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:409)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:352)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.: [Unable to satisfy dependency from org.eclipse.persistence.core 2.6.0.qualifier to bu
le org.eclipse.persistence.asm 5.0.1.; No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable.]
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.util.resolution.AbstractResolutionStrategy.newResolutionException(AbstractResolutionStrategy.java:98)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.util.resolution.ProjectorResolutionStrategy.resolve(ProjectorResolutionStrategy.java:88)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.util.resolution.AbstractResolutionStrategy.resolve(AbstractResolutionStrategy.java:63)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2ResolverImpl.resolveDependencies(P2ResolverImpl.java:166)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2ResolverImpl.resolveDependencies(P2ResolverImpl.java:103)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2DependencyResolver.doResolveDependencies(P2DependencyResolver.java:352)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.p2.resolver.P2DependencyResolver.resolveDependencies(P2DependencyResolver.java:325)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.core.resolver.DefaultTychoResolver.resolveProject(DefaultTychoResolver.java:107)
        at org.eclipse.tycho.core.maven.TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.afterProjectsRead(TychoMavenLifecycleParticipant.java:75)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:274)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
        ... 11 more

--
Rick Curtis