Re: [eclipselink-users] Eclipselink generate DDL without DB connection?

You might have a look to H2 Oracle compatibility mode:
http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#compatibility

Although I agree an actual connection just to retrieve metadata to generate DDL shouldn't be a requirement for EclipseLink.

Mauro.