[eclipselink-users] Oracle Spatial on RAC

Hi,
We have an application where we use Oracle Spatial (SDO_GEOMETRY) and we use Eclipselink as the JPA provider. When using this on RAC with MutliDatasource with algorithm as "LoadBalancing" we are seeing the following exception when storing entities
An error has occured flushing the user transaction.
Caused by: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: Exception EclipseLink-4002 (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.3.1.v20111018-r10243):
**org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.DatabaseException Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Internal Error: Cannot construct STRUCT instance,invalid connection
Error Code: 17001
Query: InsertObjectQuery([ TopologyEdgeDAO
oid=oracle.communications.platform.entity.impl.TopologyEdgeDAO-300013
!PTDND!=TTFTF entityVersion=1 id=15 name=B01_HYDB.004.LD-B01_HYDB.004
description=null distance=0.0 edgeType=CONTAINMENT edgeDirection=null
businessObjectTypeId=9999 fromNodeData=null toNodeData=null
isPipeInterfaceTerminated=false geometry=null createdDate=Wed Jul 02 16:52:15
IST 2014 createdUser=<anonymous> partition=null owner=null permissions=null
])

The same works in standalone DB or if the MultiDataSource algorithm is failover.

I searched in Oracle forums and found the following link which could be related
https://community.oracle.com/message/1147983#1147983

How can we let EL clear the descriptors after store is called?

Any pointers on how to solve this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rama

Back to the top