[eclipselink-users] Caching (again)

Hi.

It still seems to me that caching in EL doesn't behave as expected.

This is what I observe:

Having these properties set:
                <prop key="eclipselink.cache.shared.default">false</prop>
                <prop key="javax.persistence.sharedCache.mode">ENABLE_SELECTIVE</prop>

results in *nothing* being cached

Having only
                <prop key="javax.persistence.sharedCache.mode">ENABLE_SELECTIVE</prop>

results in too much being cached, and oddly enough some entities which should be cached not being cached. That is Person with ID=1 is cached but with ID=2 is not cached.

By too much I mean entities which are not @Cacheable are still being cached. Specifically, an entity not annotated with @Cacheable is loaded from DB but some of its (non-cascaded) associations (@OneToMany) are not refreshed. This works correctly when turning off all caching with eclipselink.cache.shared.default=false.

Is there any logging I can turn on to see when EL fetches an entity (or collection) from cache?

Thanks.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no