Re: [eclipselink-users] javax.persistence.sharedCache.mode=ENABLE_SELECTIVE seems to have no effect

På tirsdag 17. september 2013 kl. 14:50:18, skrev Tom Ware <tom.ware@xxxxxxxxxx>:
When you say you are loading the entity in your web app multiple times, how many different entity managers are involved?  Can you give me the steps you go through indicating which entity manager is involved in each step and where you see cache hits.

My app is Spring-managed so each new HTTP-request resuts in a call to a service loading the entity, using it's own EM, injected by Spring. That is, a new transaction every time.

Does that answer your question? If not I'll put together an example-app showing this.

But, just to get this strait; Are you saying that the following config *should* prevent everything from being cached and only cache @Cacheable entities?

1. eclipselink.cache.shared.default=false
2. javax.persistence.sharedCache.mode=ENABLE_SELECTIVE

Is really 1) necessary when specifying 2) ?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no

Back to the top