[eclipselink-users] javax.persistence.sharedCache.mode=ENABLE_SELECTIVE seems to have no effect

Hi.

I'm wiring my JPA PU using Spring only (no persistence.xml) as I have a PU spread over different modules, in a JSE-environment. I use Spring's LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean with packagesToScan property to scan the classpath for my annotated classes.

I'm then trying to cache some entities using javax.persistence.sharedCache.mode=ENABLE_SELECTIVE semantics, that is; I don't want caching on anything that doesn't have the JPA-2.0's @Cacheable(enabled = true) annotation. I'm unable to achieve this however. EL seems to enable caching for everything as default so I'm using this property to disable it:

(JPA-properties set by Spring):

                <prop key="eclipselink.cache.shared.default">false</prop>
                <prop key="javax.persistence.sharedCache.mode">ENABLE_SELECTIVE</prop>

Disabling the cache seems to work but enableing the ENABLE_SELECTIVE-semantics setting the javax.persistence.sharedCache.mode property seems to have no effect.

The docs I can find and Google all suggest setting the persistence.xml property <shared-cache-mode>NONE</shared-cache-mode>. This should have the same effect as setting the JPA-property javax.persistence.sharedCache.mode=ENABLE_SELECTIVE as far as I can tell.

Can anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong and if my setup is supposed to work?

Thanks.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no