Re: [eclipselink-users] Building EclipseLink

På lørdag 10. august 2013 kl. 03:34:04, skrev Eric Gwin <eric.gwin@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Andreas,

I'm not aware of any requirement for using Maven 3.0, I use 3.1, and expect 3.2 will work as well. I think the error messages are just different with the different versions. Though admittedly the 3.0 error reporting was more informative.

As to why ant+maven and not just maven (or just ant)... the team opted for building the OSGi bundles manifest first, and the best tool found was Tycho. Since it is a maven plugin that also gave use another incentive to migrate from the old ant build. The build generates more than just OSGi bundles so we opted for a modular migration - the OSGi bundles were converted to maven first. Unfortunately the rest of the migration is running into unexpected hurdles...

No, there isn't a quick target to publish the built bundles to the local repo. part of the reason is intensional - tycho related use in combination with the rest of our build, I could throw together a command to publish to the local maven repo though if it is useful. The POMs are another matter. the build pom and the publish pom are different - to unify them I need to complete the migration, and as I mentioned I'm running into some problems.

2.5.1 should be at sonatype as well, when I get back from vacation I'll look into that as well.

Thanks for the info. It would be great if you added the possibility to publish the built artifacts (with sources) to the local mvn-repo ($HOME/.m2/repository/) to the build.

How often are the 2.5.1-SNAPSHOTS updated on sonatype?

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no

Back to the top