[eclipselink-users] Lazy-attributes are null when using loadtime-weaver

Hi.

I'm trying out EL on a Scala example-project and it's wired up using Spring with a loadtime-weaver. For lazy-mapped @ManyToOne associations I see that the attribute is null in the debugger but when accessed (field-access in Scala) the null-value is replaced with the actual entity. This is bad for reflection-based validation-frameworks as they only see the null-value.

I have then tested a Spring-wired JAVA-project where I only have public attributes in my Entity (no getters and setters) and I observe that also there the lazy-mapped @ManyToOne-attributes are null, even when accessing them programatically. I understand EL generates proxies or something which wraps the fields but this doesn't seem to work for field-access.

Is there a way to make reflectoin-based access trigger the generated proxies to work their magic?

Thanks.

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no