Re: [eclipselink-users] Another converter-bug

På fredag 05. juli 2013 kl. 15:50:28, skrev Guy Pelletier <guy.pelletier@xxxxxxxxxx>:
One thing to try would be to add a descriptor customizer. In it you would set a new converter on the mapping with the correct field/attribute classfications.

e.g. mapping.setConverter(new ConverterClass(CustomOption<DateTime>.class.getName(), false, Timestamp.class.getName(), false));

Information on configuring a descriptor customizer is here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Configuring_a_Descriptor_%28ELUG%29#Configuring_a_Descriptor_Customizer_Class

You agree this is a bug in EL and that it should work right?

Will such a descriptor-cusomtizer be re-useable across all attributes of that type? I'd rather not implement a descriptor-customizer for each attribute in each entity where I use an attribute of type CustomOption<DateTime>, and other optional-types I use.

(In my real project I use Scala and have many optional-types wraped in Option[T], but for the example and bug-reports I use the CustomOption type and JAVA)

Thanks

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh <andreak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>      mob: +47 909 56 963
Senior Software Developer / CTO - OfficeNet AS - http://www.officenet.no